READ BEFORE DISCLOSING INFORMATION Last Updated on: May 7, 2012
■WDSTANDARDS is committed to protecting personal information of its Website users and clients.
■This policy applies to all information that identifies a particular individual.
■By continued use of the Website or clicking “I agree” you consent to the collection and processing of your personal information.
■Personal information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the form of consent required by law.
■We may gather non-personal information for analytical purposes by means of cookies, beacons and other technology.
■Ad companies collect anonymous data. You can opt out.
■Use of personal information is limited.
■We take steps to protect personal information.
■We keep personal information for a reasonable period of time only.
■Protect your personal information from disclosure on social communication networks.
■We provide links to third party websites only as a convenience. Make sure to review their privacy policies.
■You have control over your personal information.
■You can ask privacy questions.
WDSTANDARDS is committed to protecting personal information of its Website users.
WDSTANDARDS is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information entrusted to us.
We comply with applicable laws regarding collection of information, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and the EU Data Privacy Directive. These and other applicable laws have special requirements regarding notification of what personal information is being collected. We also adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
This policy applies to all information that identifies a particular individual.
WDSTANDARDS collects personal information that is voluntarily provided by you when you order a product, enter promotions such as sweepstakes or skill contests, answer our polls or surveys, register as a member on the Website, sign up for additional services on the Website, or communicate with us by mail, telephone or electronically. The type of information we collect and maintain may include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, purchase history, credit card number, chat room communications, complaints you may have about our products or services.
Personal information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the form of consent required by law.
We may gather non-personal information for analytical purposes by means of cookies, beacons and other technology.
To help us better understand our markets, we may gather non-personal information for analytical purposes on an anonymous, aggregate basis. This information is not kept, used or disclosed at the individual level, but may be disclosed to third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. We may collect such information through unique identifiers such as cookies (which may be HTML files, Flash files, or other technology), web beacons, or similar technologies for routine system administration purposes, to make our Websites more interesting and useful to you, or to manage content delivery. For instance,
- We use technology to track traffic patterns on the Website. Once you have logged into the Website, we track your activities by using logs of database transactions and server interactions. We also use this information to understand which areas of our Websites are most appealing or least appealing or to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence;
We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information to third parties for online behavioral advertising purposes.
Ad companies collect anonymous data. You can opt out.
From time to time, we may use third-party advertising service provider to serve ads on the Website. These companies may use cookie-based ad serving technology for the purpose of (i) ad delivery and reporting; and (ii) re-targeting and/or online advanced targeting. Furthermore, to monitor usage or transfer of content to another site or location and to collect advertising metrics, such third parties may include in the content web beacons or clear GIFs. Clear GIFs (a.k.a. web bugs, beacons or tags) are small graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an e-mail message. Clear GIFs are invisible to the user because they are typically very small and the same colour as the background of the web page, document or e-mail message. Because your web browser must request such content from the third parties’ servers, such third parties can track your usage, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
Although the third-party advertising service providers may not have access to tracking technologies set by WDSTANDARDS, or any of your personal information collected on the Website, they may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies and/or they may otherwise have access to information about you. The use of such technology by these third parties is within their control and not ours. Even if Ganz has a relationship with the third party, it does not control its sites or policies and practices regarding your information.
- Surveys and Feedback: We may collect aggregate information in connection with surveys or other online activities that allow your child to give us feedback. We do not collect any personally identifiable information in connection with surveys or feedback requests, nor is the information provided connected to any personally identifiable information.
- Email Communication from You: If you contacts us by email or enters an email address when participating in a contest, we use the email address (which is personally identifiable information) only to respond to your child’s specific request or question or to notify them of their winning the contest, after which the address is deleted.
Use of personal information is limited.
WDSTANDARDS collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested.
- To better understand you, to allow us to serve you better through enhanced products, customer service and directed promotional efforts of particular interest;
- To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about our products or services; and
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
If you opt in to receive offers, promotions or other information from Ganz, your information will be used to provide you with promotional offers for WDSTANDARDS products that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted in to receive these offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date. WDSTANDARDS does not collect, use or disclose your personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes.
WDSTANDARDS may share your personal information:
- To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, WDSTANDARDS may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, contest management or payment processing. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the confidentiality, privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
- To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving WDSTANDARDS or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to WDSTANDARDS customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, WDSTANDARDS would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to Ganz’s successor-in-interest to be used only for the purposes for which it was collected.
We take steps to protect personal information.
WDSTANDARDS has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
We keep personal information for a reasonable period of time only.
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
Protect your personal information from disclosure on social communication networks.
We provide links to third party websites only as a convenience. Make sure to review their privacy policies.
Users may, through hypertext or other computer “links,” gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by Ganz. Ganz is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Ganz of the website linked to. WDSTANDARDS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITES OPERATED BY WDSTANDARDS AND ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON A WDSTANDARDS OPERATED WEBSITE. Unless otherwise indicated on the Website, Ganz is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with the linked websites are not trademarks of WDSTANDARDS. WDSTANDARDS specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the applicable age of majority of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through a linked website. While WDSTANDARDS may provide links from this Website to other websites owned and/or operated by WDSTANDARDS or unaffiliated third parties, such sites are not part of this Website, and each is governed by a different set of terms. In addition, to the extent such linked websites are not owned or operated by WDSTANDARDS or its affiliates, these sites also have different policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Make sure to review their privacy policies.
You have control over your personal information.
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to WDSTANDARDS.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request of a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which Ganz can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Personal information provided by email may not be secure, and by requesting a copy of your personal information, you assume the risks associated with the email transmission of our reply. In the event that WDSTANDARDS may, consistent with applicable law, decline to provide you or your parent or guardian with the information requested, and we choose to so decline, we will provide the reason why.